INSTALLMENT 7 - JANUARY 2012
CASE X: ENABLING FRACTAL READER ANTENNA
“RESEARCH AND DESIGN OF NOVEL FRACTAL READER ANTENNA”
C. Zujue Z. Zhihui, and Yanshu
Jiangsu University, Zhenjlang, PR China
Publication: Applied Mechanics and Materials, 43, pp.101-104 (2011)
These Chinese researchers corroborate the outstanding performance offered by patch antennas with fractal
design, including such superlative performance as a -35 dB return loss, nearly 8 dB of gain; and a 44% size
reduction. Bandwidth is over 180 MHz at 2.4 GHz. This enables high performance reader antennas with far
- FRACTAL ADVANTAGE: smaller size making it possible to use in reader, with outstanding
- APPLICATION: Sensors, RFID
- FRACTAL DESIGN: Minkowski
- PATENTS AND PRIORITY DATE: FRACTAL owns the basic patents on fractal element antennas
(patents 6,127,977; 6,452,553, 7,256,751, and so on), including this one, with a patent priority
(that is, filing date) of August 1995.
CASE XI: FSS (FRACTAL RESONATORS) MADE BETTER BY FRACTALS
“DESIGN OF MINIATURIZED FREQUENCY SELECTIVE SURFACES USING MINKOWSKI ISLAND
A. Campos, E. de Oliveira and P. Silva
Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte and Federal Institute of Eeducation, Natal, Brazil
Publication: Journal of Microwaves, Optoelectronics, and Electromagnetic Applications, 9,
FSS are a type of resonator system. Using fractals, these Brasilian researchers report smaller cell sizes and
outstanding multiband performance.
- FRACTAL ADVANTAGE: no longer a ‘frequency’ selective surface; now multiband, with smaller cell
- APPLICATION: Sensors and Shielding
- FRACTAL DESIGN: Minkowski resonators
- PATENTS AND PRIORITY DATE: FRACTAL owns the basic patents on fractal antennas including
those on fractal patch antennas. Patent filing dates of August 1995. Relevant patents 6,127,977;
7,750,856; and 6,452,553. Key , owned, fractal resonator patent is 7,256,751.
Fractal Antenna Systems Inc. All rights reserved.